Stomach aches are alarm bells and the real cause must be investigated. Calming an upset stomach will not solve your problem in the long term if it is not to ward off the real pain. A stomach ache can hide a serious illness like appendicitis, a bowel obstruction or even an internal perforation that requires a medical emergency. But it is often difficult to know if the stomach ache is mild or if it characterizes the symptom of a more serious disease, which is why very great caution is necessary and in case of doubt do not hesitate to consult doctor. We are used to treating the symptoms to put aside the real causes and this is what makes the same diseases often recur over a long period of time until they become something else. As soon as routine treatments fail or the condition persists or recurs, you should seek the help of your doctor for the root cause of your condition. We must adopt a healthy lifestyle and have the same behaviors in case of cough, cold, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, insomnia, morning fatigue, various pains, etc. The causes are numerous and you should avoid drinking the drugs without knowing precisely the origin of the disease because it would be poisoning which would pave the way for another more serious illness.
The causes of stomach aches can be multiple:
- Digestive problems (acid reflux, ulcer, tumor, cancer, constipation, hemorrhoid, liver, ...)
- Gastrointestinal infections (diarrhea, vomiting, gastroenteritis, dysentery, appendicitis, etc.)
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Urinary tract infections, cystitis, intoxication, poisoning, etc.
- Stress, nervousness, emotional state
- Renal colic (consult a doctor), Calculations, etc.
- Avoid eating during your stomach ache
- Use herbal medicines as a first step (and if it is not too serious)
- Adopt a healthy diet, for example limit the absorption of fats, be careful especially when it is cold, increased risk of indigestion!
- Especially in case of too much pain, vomiting blood or any doubtful symptoms, consult a doctor immediately!
Traditional African treatments
- Make a decoction of a few roots of Balanites aegyptiaca (soump in Wolof, egungun in Yoruba) + a little water and lemon juice, then drink the decocté.
Child dose: half a glass (about 35 ml) twice a day
Adult: one glass (about 70 ml) twice a day
Duration of treatment: 1 to 2 days
- Make a decoction of a bunch of roots of Cassia Sieberiana (sindian en bambara, cassia de sieber in French) of a bunch of roots of Nauclea latifolia (codo en goun) and a bunch of roots of Afrormosia laxiflora ( false date in French) in 4 liters of water Filter, add honey and drink
--Drink a decoction of the bark of caïlcedrat.
NB: The Africa-herbal tea powder N ° 3 will do you a lot of good. Order already.